Is my anemone dying?

Ineedtequilla

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2023
Messages
30
Reaction score
8
Location
Brasil, Cascavel
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put it in the aquarium yesterday, initially I tried to leave it on a rock, but overnight it moved and stuck to the glass. She looks different than when she arrived, so I'm worried.
Parameters:
Magnesium: Not tested
Calcium: 400
Nitrite: 0.25ppm
Ph: 8.0
Salinity: 1,022
Temperature: 25°C

IMG_20230104_142530.jpg IMG_20230104_142519.jpg IMG_20230104_142547.jpg
 
Pics are really too fuzzy to see much. It’s a good sign that it’s attached, a really sick nem will not attach itself to anything. It also doesn’t look like it’s expelling its guts which is another sign of a sick anemone.
 
How old is the tank? Nems don’t like new tanks and make sure any powerheads are covered you can buy guards for them. And what are the nitrates and phosphate levels? Two very important parameters you should test.
 
How old is the tank? Nems don’t like new tanks and make sure any powerheads are covered you can buy guards for them. And what are the nitrates and phosphate levels? Two very important parameters you should test.
About 3 years, thanks for the tip, I'll do these tests today and post the result.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new