Is my anemone ok? It's a huge pink bubble tip.

bccp07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

I've had my pink bubble tip for 6 days now. He is usually always full and moving his tentacles everywhere. For the past 2 hours he has been deflated to about 1/5 of his normal size. This is my first one and unsure if it's normal. He looks completely limp :(

Edudek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you done a water change recently? Mine sometimes gets mad when I do one

ReeferRookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not being a Debby downer but doesnt look so good. What's. Your. Perams. Did u dip before adding to tank. Was it in qt ? Have u fed it. Do you own.any other surviving corals ?

SeeingGreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do that sometimes. If it's only been a little bit, give it time. 6 days happy, 2 hours flat seems like it may be expelling excrement.

If of have noticed the mouth this week, has it been slack?

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No expert but im pretty sure you dont DIP Anemone, they are not corals.

OP
OP
B

bccp07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the mouth seems to buldge out a little. Not all the time but I have noticed it buldging out from time to time

Justinky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being deflated is not normal, anemones are not corals and should never be dipped. Your bubble tip has an infection more then likely or a ripped foot, with correct water parameters it could bounce back on its own as bta's are very hardy but if you don't notice any improvements after the first day, it will more then likely need Septra DS or Ciprofloxacin which are antibiotics, a 10 or 20g tank, a heater, powerhead and egg crate to block off the powerhead and heater from the anemone. I can explain the treatment further if you decide to do this.

OP
OP
B

bccp07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually is starting to look better. It's filling back up but appears to b wedged facing down in rocks. I don't know if I should try and move it or just leave it.

Justinky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it, anemones will move on their own if and when they are ready. From your photo it looks bleached so it will need time to properly acclimate to your aquariums lighting why is why it is wedged face down, it is hiding from direct light.

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont touch it!
I killed mine messing with it, i was worried and didnt know, took it out tried to feed it and for a few mins it looked great and then it got really bad and opened its mouth huge and let all its insides out...
I learned. Im going to try it again soon.

ReeferRookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry replied to wrong thread. Ahaha (dip ) anyways. Back to the anemone this pic looks like what mine was doing. Which was simply releasing excretement he went back to normal shortly after. One thing i was told about anemones is nevee never move them leave them whereever they make home i think hell be fine

Fuhhcue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but I’m hoping someone can help me. I wanted anemone so bad but now it’s scaring me. Sometimes it’ll be fully inflated other times (most of the time) it’ll look like wet match sticks. For maybe 2 weeks he’s been doing this. He hides behind or under the rock. Today I turned off the bubble wall and he came out to the front of the tank. I seen a bit of life in him. Not sure that has anything to do with it. This is what he looked like 30 minutes ago. Now he’s partially deflated but showing life.

68F689EB-F449-4AEC-B766-1DAE26F09BDD.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back