Is my anemone OK? Should I bring it to my lfs to have a safer environment for my clowns?

adavies94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother knew I started a salt water tank and was trying to be sweet by sending my the gift of this anemone …
I’ve had to tank for about two months.
I have two clowns and a sea urchin that are doing great,

But I know NOTHING about anemones and I’m worried from the threads I’ve seen that this “Condy??” (Not even sure what it is EXACTLY ) is going to eat my fish or more concerningly, honestly .. not be happy in this tank with parameters geared toward the clowns.

Any help is so appreciated.. I am obviously very new to this hobby and I’ve done everything I can to keep my clowns and urchin happy and healthy. I just have no idea what to do with this thing or if I’ve even been keeping it happy enough .. this is what it looks like during the day and then at night, it’s just a weird ball…
I’ve been feeding it a thawed piece of krill shrimp once a week and he hasn’t moved from this spot on the rock.

Thank you in advance for any tips !!!

IMG_5122.jpeg IMG_5083.jpeg IMG_4735.jpeg IMG_5161.jpeg IMG_5338.jpeg

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your anemone looks fine, and as @LouisianaReef pointed out your clowns might not host on it. I’ve had nems and the same clowns for a few years and they never hosted. But not a big deal. Remember that anemones are filter feeders so either spot feed some fresh / frozen food or make sure stuff circulates in the water.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother knew I started a salt water tank and was trying to be sweet by sending my the gift of this anemone …
I’ve had to tank for about two months.
I have two clowns and a sea urchin that are doing great,

But I know NOTHING about anemones and I’m worried from the threads I’ve seen that this “Condy??” (Not even sure what it is EXACTLY ) is going to eat my fish or more concerningly, honestly .. not be happy in this tank with parameters geared toward the clowns.

Any help is so appreciated.. I am obviously very new to this hobby and I’ve done everything I can to keep my clowns and urchin happy and healthy. I just have no idea what to do with this thing or if I’ve even been keeping it happy enough .. this is what it looks like during the day and then at night, it’s just a weird ball…
I’ve been feeding it a thawed piece of krill shrimp once a week and he hasn’t moved from this spot on the rock.

Thank you in advance for any tips !!!

IMG_5122.jpeg IMG_5083.jpeg IMG_4735.jpeg IMG_5161.jpeg IMG_5338.jpeg
I'll chime in with everyone else and say the anemone looks fine!

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME, not matter how much you try and feed it, it will struggle and go downhill if you don't have strong lighting. These can often look good for quite some time and then die a quick death, so looks are not everything with these.

Just average water quality is probably fine, so focus on the lighting.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back