Is my anemone okay?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgl18
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Just imagine an worldwide aquarium business, that cares about the fish, has almost everything you need such as equipment, knowledge and animals. One that isn't about the profit.
 
Just imagine an worldwide aquarium business, that cares about the fish, has almost everything you need such as equipment, knowledge and animals. One that isn't about the profit.
Had a dream like this once. But I was the one owning and breeding all the animals Maybe one day
 
When you try to separate it from both rocks, the foot is what matters most. As long as the foot is not attached to both, you can gently rub the anemone off the 2nd rock.
 
When you try to separate it from both rocks, the foot is what matters most. As long as the foot is not attached to both, you can gently rub the anemone off the 2nd rock.
Your right on this. Sorry I failed to mention it. I wear gloves and rub the foot just hard enough to irritate it and it will let go.
 
Turn flow off aswell, nothing worse then a waterborne anemone go into a wavemaker.
 
Your right on this. Sorry I failed to mention it. I wear gloves and rub the foot just hard enough to irritate it and it will let go.
I tried to do this wearing gloves and being as gentle as possible but it was nearly impossible to budge and it started to secrete a fluid so I’m just leaving it alone/spot feeding until I see any changes.
 
I tried to do this wearing gloves and being as gentle as possible but it was nearly impossible to budge and it started to secrete a fluid so I’m just leaving it alone/spot feeding until I see any changes.
I would recommend not feeding it. It really doesn’t need to eat like people think. Some don’t feed theirs at all. It can add stress
 
Don't feed your anemone (unless it is healthy and can digest the food) and don't get it detach by force. You will cause damage to it. If you wan to move him, you got to move the rock.
Leave him a lone and don't feed him until he is healthy. Make sure he have adequate light by moving the rock a little and expose him to light.
Bubble tip anemones are very resilient and most of the time will do fine, even in new tanks.
Good luck with him.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new