Is my BTA dead?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Charley75
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Charley75

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2019
Messages
426
Reaction score
90
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve been going through a rough patch lately. I moved my tank a couple months ago just to have new carpet installed. Apparently in doing so I started a cycle. Dinos, Cyano, Turf algae....awesome. In the past 2 months I’ve treated with both Vibrant and Chemiclean with no success. All I’ve succeeded in doing is potential killing what was a beautiful nem. So, for the past week or so it’s nothing has been gaping, but I assumed as long as it’s foot was hanging on it was alive. It also moved the other day. Here is a pic(not a good one). It appears that the foot is only partially attached. Should I throw in the towel and remove it?
 
So I’ve been going through a rough patch lately. I moved my tank a couple months ago just to have new carpet installed. Apparently in doing so I started a cycle. Dinos, Cyano, Turf algae....awesome. In the past 2 months I’ve treated with both Vibrant and Chemiclean with no success. All I’ve succeeded in doing is potential killing what was a beautiful nem. So, for the past week or so it’s nothing has been gaping, but I assumed as long as it’s foot was hanging on it was alive. It also moved the other day. Here is a pic(not a good one). It appears that the foot is only partially attached. Should I throw in the towel and remove it?
You never attached the photo!!
 
Pic

A799431D-E3BE-47D2-81B7-6346684C6833.jpeg
 
It has now retreated back under some rocks so I can hardly even see it.
 
Can't see the mouth, but in the pic it's fine
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new