Is my BTA ok??

SaltyGinger42

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I recently got into salt water, and I already know I added him quite a bit too early, and that I was supposed to let my tank mature more, but alas I had already had him in the tank before I learned how long I was supposed to wait. So now he's kinda freaking me out. I went to sleep last night and the water was clear, when I woke up it was not quite milky but definitely cloudy. By the time I got home from work that day it had cleared up, then this evening when I came home everything was clear but I ran to the store and when I came back the water was fairly cloudy again. Here are some pics of the anemone, any tips, tricks or advice is more than welcome. I'm trying to learn as much as I can.
20210610_063604.jpg
20210610_063633.jpg
20210610_182131.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how large of tank? Also can you provide parameters? Basic is fine. Temp, salinity, ammonia,alk and nitrate.

Possible it is a stress spawn, but it would have to be a small tank. Almost seems more like a bacterial bloom. That will annoy an anemone also.

OP
OP
SaltyGinger42

SaltyGinger42

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I was just panicking everyone is actually doing really well. My kenya tree is taking off and doing really well too. And I have a 28 gallon JBJ nano-cube. Running 20% white lights and 80% blue lights. My params are all good except my phosphates being a little high. I recently started only using RODI water and everyone seems to like that a lot.
how large of tank? Also can you provide parameters? Basic is fine. Temp, salinity, ammonia,alk and nitrate.

Possible it is a stress spawn, but it would have to be a small tank. Almost seems more like a bacterial bloom. That will annoy an anemone also.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back