Is my bubble coral ok?

Darryn Lyon

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2016
Messages
174
Reaction score
55
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with bubble corals, and I got this one yesterday for a good price. I realize there is an adjustment period for coral in new tanks, and in my tank it's been about a day and a half before a new coral is happy, but is this bubble coral injured? I was as careful as I could be in transit... Will it grow over those white parts again, which I assume is its skeleton?
50e9cd39d7c24fb2041d55bae3266eb5.jpg

f72f97a84df2cac379c3b28021a46f6d.jpg
 
Hi Mate,

bubbles are lovely as are fox coral. Too much flow just rips them to shreds, I've one at a similar stage to yours just a tad larger!!

Toxins from a newly introduced stressed Elegance coral (Catalaphyllia) has done mine as well as for a high end Trachyphyllia! Gutted is not the word.

if it's flow damage, caused by a change of direction of wave maker or something, I'd say it's probably done for, but never say die and give it a go try somewhere very still and low light and a little direct feeding helped my to pull back from the brink.

Steve
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new