Is my chalice sprouting an eye or decaying?

  • Thread starter Thread starter pakora
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
539
Reaction score
3
Location
South Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I havent posted in a while guys. I have a little concern. I check my tank numerous times a day (as many of us do) and I always have my baster ready to blow and sand off my chalices. I just checked on one of them and there was some white stuff so I blew it away and now it looks as if the chalice is beginning to decay. Can somebody please chime in? I hope the diagnosis isnt too bad. :sad: I checked everything else in my tank and they as they are normally. I have a strict routine that I stick to religiously. I didnt do anything today apart from adding phyto.

chalice1.jpg

chalice2.jpg
 
I'm not 100% sure but if you see skeleton in that hole it's probably not an eye but a tear or gash
 
I also think is not an eye, it's swowing the skeleton, good luck.
 
Thank you for all of the help guys. I took a look at it this morning and its magically healed. There is a very tiny hole the size of the tip of a needle. I dont know what happened but im sure as heck glad its back to normal! I'll post pics when I get home. Thanks again guys!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new