Is My Clown Ok?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Baby Ray
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2015
Messages
2,895
Reaction score
1,664
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has been acting kind of strange. He has been bounce in place by my intake pipe and he usually is a little more active. He is still eating but he just seems less active. Any suggestions?
 
08b99139c92f9280a6343d7f644bfd2b.jpg
 
How long have you had him? Was he QT'd? Any other fish in the tank displaying odd behavior or any dots/spots on the skin?
 
I have had him for over 8 months and all the other fish are acting fine. I did not QT him. He doesn't have ich that I know of but I'll keep an eye out
 
I have had him for over 8 months and all the other fish are acting fine. I did not QT him. He doesn't have ich that I know of but I'll keep an eye out

Any other recent livestock additions? Even corals/inverts?
 
Could this just be normal behavior. Maybe my intake pipe has decided to host my clown? :)
 
Would a fresh water dip right now help prevent anything from happening to him if he does have ich?

No, a FW dip would only provide temporary relief if this were velvet, brook or flukes.

Could this just be normal behavior. Maybe my intake pipe has decided to host my clown? :)
Could be, clownfish sometimes exhibit strange behavior. I had one that tried to make some nori on a clip it's host. :p
 
Could this just be normal behavior. Maybe my intake pipe has decided to host my clown? :)

Clowns can claim a spot to host and pretty much stay there a good portion of the time. Mine are almost always next to the powerhead on the left side of my tank. Clowns can be very weird sometimes.
 
Thanks, I think he will be ok. I just am very various when he comes to pests and diseases. I am going to post a picture of a RBT hosting a clown to the side of the tank and see if he follows. I have heard it works :)
Thanks
 
Thanks, I think he will be ok. I just am very various when he comes to pests and diseases. I am going to post a picture of a RBT hosting a clown to the side of the tank and see if he follows. I have heard it works :)
Thanks

I have done my share of panicking over clownfish behavior. I think once you are aware of all that could go wrong (and especially if you have lost a fish), it's hard not to over analyze. I'm sure he will be fine since you are obviously keeping a close eye on him and are ready to act if needed. It's likely he is just weird, since he is a clownfish. :D
 
Normal Clown behavior. Worry when they hang out in the corner at the surface, do not eat, breathing heavily. Nice clown BTW. :)
 
I have done my share of panicking over clownfish behavior. I think once you are aware of all that could go wrong (and especially if you have lost a fish), it's hard not to over analyze. I'm sure he will be fine since you are obviously keeping a close eye on him and are ready to act if needed. It's likely he is just weird, since he is a clownfish. :D
His name is Dum Dum so I guess I named him well :)

Normal Clown behavior. Worry when they hang out in the corner at the surface, do not eat, breathing heavily. Nice clown BTW. :)
Thanks, he wasn't for sale but I talked the owner of the store into letting me get him. I love his patterns!!!!! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new