Is my clownfish about to spawn eggs?

OneOtter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I added this pair of clownfish to this tank a week ago, I already had a rose bubble tip and green bubble tip anemone in my tank for awhile now and all them are doing very well the clownfish love my anemones and practically molest them non stop. In the last 2 days the stomach of the female has gotten more and more bloated and she is showing a little bit of the spike on her belly as well as a bit more hunger. Her and the male are not yet nipping at rocks or cleaning necessarily from what i have seen, they are the only fish in this tank besides a royal gramma. I am just trying to get a slight idea on whether they are going to or if someone can help me learn a little bit more about this because i want to try a set up i found another person made for a self sustaining nano tank set up for baby clownfish. Also I see the term "Hahooooosive" used allot and can't find a real definition or explanation as to what it means so if someone knows tells me please XD

OP
OP
OneOtter

OneOtter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I added this pair of clownfish to this tank a week ago, I already had a rose bubble tip and green bubble tip anemone in my tank for awhile now and all them are doing very well the clownfish love my anemones and practically molest them non stop. In the last 2 days the stomach of the female has gotten more and more bloated and she is showing a little bit of the spike on her belly as well as a bit more hunger. Her and the male are not yet nipping at rocks or cleaning necessarily from what i have seen, they are the only fish in this tank besides a royal gramma. I am just trying to get a slight idea on whether they are going to or if someone can help me learn a little bit more about this because i want to try a set up i found another person made for a self sustaining nano tank set up for baby clownfish. Also I see the term "Hahooooosive" used allot and can't find a real definition or explanation as to what it means so if someone knows tells me please XD

Attachments

• 20210603_225628.jpg
    20210603_225628.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 20210603_225557.jpg
    20210603_225557.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210603_225548.jpg
    20210603_225548.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 37

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could very well be. They spawn every 2 or 3 weeks I believe. 8 to 10 days from eggs to fry. Mine do it all the time.

OP
OP
OneOtter

OneOtter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I thought it would take a lot longer since I barely put them into this tank a week ago so I thought it might be awhile.

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you got them from the store together they may had been a pair already. You'll know it's pretty easy to spot

OP
OP
OneOtter

OneOtter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were a pair when i bought them which is one of the reasons I bought them, plus since I already had 2 anemones i thought it would make them feel right at home and happy.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back