Is my coral alive?

IVFD933

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time buying coral and I ordered it offline. Big mistake I've heard. But can anyone tell me if its still alive? The fish that i ordered with it didn't make it so figured I'd ask to see if I was wasting my time with the coral.

GSP - FRONT
Candy Cane - middle
Daisy polyp cloves - back

16915376217818469529276804800307.jpg

OP
OP
I

IVFD933

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are not dead. Give them some time. They should open up.
I wasn't sure because the polyps on the daisy are falling off of some of it but still attached and colored on others parts. But thanks for the help. I greatly appreciate it.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't sure because the polyps on the daisy are falling off of some of it but still attached and colored on others parts. But thanks for the help. I greatly appreciate it.
Some corals ship well, some don't. Some corals acclimate quickly to a tank others can take weeks to acclimate.

OP
OP
I

IVFD933

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks this is my first saltwater tank so its definitely a learning curve coming from freshwater.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks this is my first saltwater tank so its definitely a learning curve coming from freshwater.
Well those are fine starter corals but don't break the wallet in the first 4 months because the tank is going to go through a variety of ugly stages the first year. Keep up weekly water changes.

OP
OP
I

IVFD933

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea im in everythings brown stage now besides the green hair algae but completely in love with the challenge to keeping a saltwater tank. Just gotta learn the ins and outs of it.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea im in everythings brown stage now besides the green hair algae but completely in love with the challenge to keeping a saltwater tank. Just gotta learn the ins and outs of it.
Well don't hesitate to reach out here for help. Truly nice people on here with decades of experience to help guide you. That's how I learned and am still learning.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.0%
Back