Is my Duncan okay?

baldislife

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2023
Messages
77
Reaction score
75
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a dumb question as I am a new reefer but does my Duncan look sick? It opens up pretty good but it is a brown color. No jelly that I can see but I thought it would be more green as opposed to brown.

8F79CD1F-4669-4D08-8AC0-4248839F0C94.jpeg
 
Maybe a dumb question as I am a new reefer but does my Duncan look sick? It opens up pretty good but it is a brown color. No jelly that I can see but I thought it would be more green as opposed to brown.

8F79CD1F-4669-4D08-8AC0-4248839F0C94.jpeg
what lights are you running. are you feeding it a little
The stock light on my evo 13.5 which I am looking to upgrade. I spot feed mysis shrimp or reef roids once a week.
 
Maybe a dumb question as I am a new reefer but does my Duncan look sick? It opens up pretty good but it is a brown color. No jelly that I can see but I thought it would be more green as opposed to brown.

8F79CD1F-4669-4D08-8AC0-4248839F0C94.jpeg
Looks very good. They are best at mid tank under moderate light and water flow and feed mysis shrimp at least 2X per week and dont let po4 get too high. Sand will irritate them why I wont keep them on bottom. This was similar to yours when i got it:
600g progress l.jpg
 
Thank you both. As a newbie it's incredible how little I know. I will look to move it up on the rock and hunt the resale market for a used AI prime.
 
Mine is med light and med flow and has grown well. I do feed it because i like watching it eat like a Venus fly trap,
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new