Is my Green acropora dying?

  • Thread starter Thread starter raulwow
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

raulwow

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2014
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody I need to know if this frag is suffering some kind of disease. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance
uploadfromtaptalk1411659325253.jpg
 
Looks like the base is dead. You can cut off that bottom part and re-glue it down. If your lighting and tank params are good it should be healthy and start growing for you.
 
Bone cutters, wire cutters, needle nose pliers, just to name a few... I don't believe it is diseased however I do know that they are intolerant to soft coral toxin, need good water paramos and sufficient light. Just a heads up.
 
It looks like the coral is fine but something happened to the base... just like others have said cut the base and reglue it giving it a chance to grow its base. it will do alot better this way. You could also use a tile saw if you have one.
 
Thank you for the information... I'll let it be and reinforce the light then ;)
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new