Is my Hammer about to spawn?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Highgrade
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 19, 2014
Messages
2,884
Reaction score
2,416
Location
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E7382F06-2797-4051-87B9-DF3FAE45663B.jpeg


I noticed my Yellow/Green hammer I picked up from last TSA sale appears to have eggs embedded in the tissue. Not sure it these are euphyllia eggs or possible parasite/hitchhiker eggs. The hammer has been doing great and has doubled in size. Currently it still resides in my QT tank. Should I be concerned or excited?
 
Last edited:
Never seen that before. When mine grows it makes new heads by branching out. One usually splits into 2 then they grow longer and extend away from each other before splitting again. I fragged it and have about 15 now that are starting to split again.
 
Never seen that before. When mine grows it makes new heads by branching out. One usually splits into 2 then they grow longer and extend away from each other before splitting again. I fragged it and have about 15 now that are starting to split again.
Most of my others branch(unless they're wall hammers) but I'm pretty sure euphyllia spawn as well.
 
Last edited:
Pretty cool, looks like gammets to me.
Definitely appears to be gametes. When the lights came on this morning it appeared that they all were expelled from the hammer. Guess I'll have to wait and see if anything eventually grows from them. Highly unlikely I would think. Wondering if this was just a fluke or if the recent full moon had something to do with it. I have several other Euphyllia -hammers, torches and frogspawn all in the same tank. None of the others seemed any different from what I could tell. Too bad this wasn't occurring in my Dragon Soul torch. ;Wideyed
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new