Is my hammer starting to split into 2 heads?

flyingtouchdown

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2021
Messages
35
Reaction score
5
Location
N/A
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this hammer at my Lfs a few days ago and I noticed that it looks like it starting to “split” in the middle. Is this what it looks like when a hammer grows a new head? Thanks

image.jpg
 
Looks as if there are two heads there. It can take a while to fully split but looks like it’s well on its way.
 
Under favorable conditions euphylias grow more heads very quickly. I bought a torch last month that had 2 heads already gone to 3. I was able to split one head yesterday and it's fully open and happy today.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new