Is my Hermit Crab dead?

Hugo Garcia

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2017
Messages
173
Reaction score
55
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I’m so sad, my hermit crab was switching shells yesterday and this morning I found him out of his shells. He was still moving and trying to get into the shells, but now a couple of hours later he is not moving, he is just laying still on this position. I’m afraid he has died.

Can someone tell me if there anything that can be done? How can I be sure that he is dead? I don’t want to try to move him and end up making things worse.
EA5A9F96-A795-4594-AD7E-05CD105CF3AE.jpeg
 
Looks dead to me. Sometimes I'll find molts but this one looks like a little more than a molt.
 
With hermits you just have to leave them alone, it does look rather whole to be an exo but if it is dead the other hermits or fish will make a meal out of it, assuming you have more than 1, just leave it be and let nature take its course.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new