Is my light schedule okay?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sebreef93
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sebreef93

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2024
Messages
114
Reaction score
28
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to confirm whether my light schedule is okay for Fluval Sea Evo 13.5G? I'm using AI Prime 16HD and the light is from 8am until 8pm. Only LPS and soft corals in the tank. Many thanks!

1000026580.jpg
 
I run 64HD's with a similar looking graph for a fully established SPS reef. Personally, I'd reduce your output 50% across the board for LPS / Leathers on a 10 hour schedule and ramp up / down longer duration. Mixture of colors looks fine. AI's put out a lot of light, you'll never need to ramp up to 90% on a system that size with your current coral demands.
 
I run 64HD's with a similar looking graph for a fully established SPS reef. Personally, I'd reduce your output 50% across the board for LPS / Leathers on a 10 hour schedule and ramp up / down longer duration. Mixture of colors looks fine. AI's put out a lot of light, you'll never need to ramp up to 90% on a system that size with your current coral demands.
Thanks! Would it be beneficial to reduce everything and keep blues at 75% instead? Or is it too high and I should reduce it to 70%?
 
Thanks! Would it be beneficial to reduce everything and keep blues at 75% instead? Or is it too high and I should reduce it to 70%?
IMO, 75% is too high.. but give it a try and see how your coral react. You'll know if it is too high.. loss of color in LPS and leathers staying closed.
 
Would the below be better or anything else I should change in channels or time?:
1000026581.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new