Is my Mags Mouth Fully Closed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Apoc68
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Apoc68

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2019
Messages
35
Reaction score
14
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20200731_201917.jpg
I have looked at photos online but I am still unsure on whether or not the mouth is properly closed.

The anemone has been in the tank for about 2 weeks now. The mouth was only ever slightly open, at worst. The was some rotating deflation for the first week... just a small section would be deflated that seemed to move to different parts of the nem, though this has since stopped.

It hasn't moved since putting in the tank and seems to be spreading out nicely. My only concern is the mouth seems to be protruding a bit. It is closed fully and it's not showing any other concerning behavior. I am just hoping to get some other opinions.

I know the photo isn't great but it's the best I could get!

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Yeah it looks good. The mouths of my mags all look a little different. I even have one that opens every night and then closes in morning. Another one stays slightly open, and then I have two that have a completely tight mouth.

For me the most worrying things when it comes to mags is a deflated mag.
 
Totally normal, especially when they’re close to the surface of the water.
 
Thanks for the insight, everyone!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new