Is my mandarin too skinny? Please help me ???

cloudisback1997

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He moves around and looks for food but why is he so thin

What are you water parameters? I'm kind of concerned about the water. Ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates. Might need to do a water change. Lots of diatoms. He is likely eating ur whole pod population. Or since there or so many diatoms he's having trouble hunting them. Or maybe there isn't anymore pods for him to eat and he is resorting to eating whatever he can find. Maybe add more rock with hole networks. Add a refugium. A lot more pods especially if he is big. Bigger fish need more food then smaller fish

OP
OP
R

Robert Nofer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I should add more but I don’t have anymore I need to order them is he in really bad condition

OP
OP
R

Robert Nofer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been having over feeding problems bec I’m always worried that there wasn’t enough food for him I’ve had him for 2 months

cloudisback1997

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get that breeder box and Chaeto algae from your local fish store. Add 1 thing of copepods to it. In a few days add more. It will cost about 120$ for it all. If you really want to keep him alive. Also maintain good water quality, is important.

OP
OP
R

Robert Nofer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two of theses snails
c11f2529dfc959c4db5c647533880374.png

cloudisback1997

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My best advice keep ur water in good condition by doing 20% water changes every 2 weeks or 10% every week. add a refugium. chaeto algae alot more pods they are about 25$ at the fish store. More rock like pukani. I would definitely not overfeed if you don't have a protein skimmer.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back