Is my plate coral splitting?

DoodleFish

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2024
Messages
33
Reaction score
18
Location
Southeast Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do plate corals split??

Attached is a photo of my plate coral I've had in my tank for about 6 weeks. The top left corner looks like it's trying to split from the rest. Is this how plate corals multiply?

IMG_0904.jpeg
 
It's splitting in slow motion!

As long as that plate has been in my tank, it has sat peacefully right up front. It has never moved - it is moving slowly towards the back corner, and I'm just letting it go for now. I figure it's looking for someplace quieter to finish splitting.

It is definitely splitting though - the separation gets a little more pronounced each week.
 
Upvote 0
It's splitting in slow motion!

As long as that plate has been in my tank, it has sat peacefully right up front. It has never moved - it is moving slowly towards the back corner, and I'm just letting it go for now. I figure it's looking for someplace quieter to finish splitting.

It is definitely splitting though - the separation gets a little more pronounced each week.
Congrats on it splitting!
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new