Is my rabbit fish foxface sick or not?

Jwhisenhunt81

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So two days ago I had a coral beauty suddenly die. I checked water parameters and nothing was out of order. Then yesterday I saw my fox face has black spots on him,I looked it up and seemed like it was probably black ich. I planned to go buy medicine today, but I woke up and the spots are gone and he looked totally fine. He's eating fine, all the corals are out and happy, the other fish are generally happy except I have a weird royal Gramma that is tucking under a rock in the corner randomly looking like he's dead, but if I tap the glass he swims away normal and he ate fine this morning. I rambled on a bit, but is that something black ich can do or is that something that a fox face might do when it's stressed? I don't have any pics as when it wanted to take them the spots were all gone... Any advice would be appreciated, thanks. I edited to say I added a photo of the Gramma being weird

16028860966921373855878061139289.jpg

Bam327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from the pic, but my foxface is the biggest baby ever. When I do something as simple as feeding my coral, he goes full on camo and hides from me like I’m getting ready to filet him. Mine is so skittish that when I approach the tank he immediately hides and sometimes camouflage’s himself and comes out a few minutes later.
These fish are like the body of Mike Tyson but with the complete opposite mindset of someone that’s afraid of everything.

OP
OP
J

Jwhisenhunt81

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from the pic, but my foxface is the biggest baby ever. When I do something as simple as feeding my coral, he goes full on camo and hides from me like I’m getting ready to filet him. Mine is so skittish that when I approach the tank he immediately hides and sometimes camouflage’s himself and comes out a few minutes later.
These fish are like the body of Mike Tyson but with the complete opposite mindset of someone that’s afraid of everything.
The pic was just my Gramma being weird tucking under a rock in the corner of the tank. My foxface hasn't been too shy really, he doesn't go all came very often and what I saw was definitely different, when I googled black ich it looked pretty close

HockeyRooster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My foxface is a baby too. Swims away and changes colour at the slightest movement.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back