Is My Ruby Longfin Wrasse Okay?

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know fish don't actually have a nose like we do. I use the term nose because it's located above the mouth and between the eyes. This Ruby Longfin Fairy Wrasse has been in my 20 gallon QT for about two weeks now. Like any shipped fish, it went into hiding (as best it could) for the first week (only coming out to quickly grab food). Now I see it out and about, and only really gets startled if you approach the tank too fast. If you come up slowly enough it doesn't bother him. My concern is this white bump on its "nose". It's been there since about the 4th or 5th day (at least that's when I noticed it). He swims around fine and eats aggressively... I haven't seen him ever try to jump or run into the rock or glass. Also, there's a blue line on its underside that runs from the mouth almost all the way to the pectoral fin. Thoughts?

IMG-3208.jpg IMG-3211.jpg IMG-3209.jpg

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So I know fish don't actually have a nose like we do. I use the term nose because it's located above the mouth and between the eyes. This Ruby Longfin Fairy Wrasse has been in my 20 gallon QT for about two weeks now. Like any shipped fish, it went into hiding (as best it could) for the first week (only coming out to quickly grab food). Now I see it out and about, and only really gets startled if you approach the tank too fast. If you come up slowly enough it doesn't bother him. My concern is this white bump on its "nose". It's been there since about the 4th or 5th day (at least that's when I noticed it). He swims around fine and eats aggressively... I haven't seen him ever try to jump or run into the rock or glass. Also, there's a blue line on its underside that runs from the mouth almost all the way to the pectoral fin. Thoughts?

IMG-3208.jpg IMG-3211.jpg IMG-3209.jpg

Glad to hear the overall habits are normal. The fish may have gotten this from being netted (net damage ) and should heal on its own BUT keep an eye on it to assure it does not develop into an infection and Assure you are providing good water quality to prevent bacteria

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back