Is my shrimp dead?

rojees

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2021
Messages
74
Reaction score
13
Location
hong kong
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
I’m not sure if my cleaner shrimp is dead or not. Check out the video.

Two days ago he was just standing there, motionless (apart from its antennae). Even when food was given, it didn’t move. I thought maybe it’s molting so that’s why he didn’t move.

Yesterday, it was laying on its side, motionless (antennae moving here and there).

Today, well he’s upside down as in the video.

Dead?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3048.MOV
    3.7 MB
I don’t know man. Looks pretty strong reddish color and dark eyes. Looks like the real shrimp.

my other camel shrimp is fine.
 
Hey guys,
I’m not sure if my cleaner shrimp is dead or not. Check out the video.

Two days ago he was just standing there, motionless (apart from its antennae). Even when food was given, it didn’t move. I thought maybe it’s molting so that’s why he didn’t move.

Yesterday, it was laying on its side, motionless (antennae moving here and there).

Today, well he’s upside down as in the video.

Dead?
I would say it is dead. Molts are clearer. With a dead shrimp, the proteins in the flesh turn opaque, like when cooked, and that does look white/opaque to me.

Jay
 
yeah when i used to do freshwater tanks i had cherry shrimp. When they died their bright red would go to cloudy white. I think that shrimp is dead.
 
Yes, it’s dead all right.

My camel shrimp was starting to circle around it. I’ve removed it now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new