Is my wave maker placement ok?

AnthonyA5059

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2026
Messages
70
Reaction score
27
Location
florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15g IM Fusion Cube. I have a Jebao DLW-5 wave maker rated for 792 gph. I’m running it currently at 30% flow on random mode. I have it on the back glass pointed straight to my front glass. It’s about 3 inches from the water level and 2 inches off the side glass. It’s moved my sand around a good amount in the corner across from it as you can see in my pics. This wasn’t quickly it gradually moved the sand like this over like a month. But it gives me great water flow circulation around the tank. I’m not sure yet how my fish like it as I just added these clowns and they’re staying in a corner. Is there another way I should mount it or is it ok?

Also then I have my return pump outlet which is just above my wave maker pointed straight up to make surface agitation.

Any recommendations or advice is greatly appreciated.
IMG_7865.jpeg
IMG_7867.jpeg
IMG_7863.jpeg
 
Last edited:
If there is a way to angle it upwards towards the water surface that would be best IMO
 
If there is a way to angle it upwards towards the water surface that would be best IMO
I’ll try but the wave maker just comes with like a little rubber spacer used to make angles and it doesn’t work too good most people just run these straight
 
I’ll try but the wave maker just comes with like a little rubber spacer used to make angles and it doesn’t work too good most people just run these straight
So the spacer worked pretty good i have it up and towards the center of the tank now is that better?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new