Is reeflink terrible or what? Never connects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AtlCPA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would think for nearly $2k in lights and $800 in pumps I'd be able to connect somewhat reliably. I have aqua illumination lights on my frag tank and now I wish I would have put them on my 180 gal display. Their app is awesome and connects every single time.

The ecotech app is totally terrible and hardly ever works. So then I have to get my laptop out to mess with the lights or the pumps, which only works about 50% of the time after unplugging, retrying, etc.

We just had some friends over and they wanted to see the tank and I can not get the lights to come on because reeflink won't connect.

Any suggestions on making this setup more reliable? Does Ecotech have any plans to upgrade the terrible app?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it rather ironic that the same company that owns AI which has an excellent app and solid connectivity could still be struggling with something that shouldn't be so difficult. It's always been such a huge turn off that on top of spending a ridiculous amount of money on lights, you then have to shell out even more to connect to them wirelessly. And then to have the wireless not function 100% of the time.... I don't even know what I would do.

Last edited:

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contemplated a Reeflink when I added my vortechs and the reviews were similar issues as yours. I ended up with Neptunes WXM and it works great, zero issues. On another note, Reeflink looks ALOT like an Apple Airport Extreme.

OP
OP
AtlCPA

AtlCPA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to go through the process to reformat the SD card, factory reset, etc and finally got it to work. Took me at least 30mins today trying to get the dang thing to work. I wouldn't buy again until they get this figured out.

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just plug it into a switchable outlet. When is doesn't connect you can just remotely turn the outlet off and then back on. It connects, problem solved.

Mario P.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I connected my ReefLink (hardwired) directly to my modem/router since they are in the same room and it rarely loses a signal.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely!
I hardwired my Reef Link and have not lost a signal in 9 months. When it was WiFi connected, I would lose the connection about once every 3 weeks.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting crazy with this reeflink too! why the hell do you have to be online with ecosmartlive to program your lamps ?? An offline app would be appropriate.
I have my reeflink connected via LAN cable and still more than bad!

IMG_0199.jpg

Kusano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to go through the process to reformat the SD card, factory reset, etc and finally got it to work. Took me at least 30mins today trying to get the dang thing to work. I wouldn't buy again until they get this figured out.
2021 and they still have more problems then I can list

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech has it behind them .. they won't last much longer. They are kidding their paying customers and instead of worrying about their products, they prefer to ride crossbikes during their working hours!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back