Is something wrong with my yellow tang?

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,964
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv had this guy from biota for 1 year and a half now grew a bit. But i noticed today, is that heavy breathing. He eats good nori, and frozen.



Parameters:

Temp:77-79
Salinity:1.025
Cal:450
Mag:1380
Phosphate:0.24ppm
Nitrate:7.5ppm
Ph: 8.25
 
Iv had this guy from biota for 1 year and a half now grew a bit. But i noticed today, is that heavy breathing. He eats good nori, and frozen.



Parameters:

Temp:77-79
Salinity:1.025
Cal:450
Mag:1380
Phosphate:0.24ppm
Nitrate:7.5ppm
Ph: 8.25

From what I can see its behavior appears normal. It is plump and actively grazing. As for heavy breathing, possibly, but I don't think so. However, it looks fairly beat up and may be showing signs of the onset of HLLE.
 
Iv had this guy from biota for 1 year and a half now grew a bit. But i noticed today, is that heavy breathing. He eats good nori, and frozen.



Parameters:

Temp:77-79
Salinity:1.025
Cal:450
Mag:1380
Phosphate:0.24ppm
Nitrate:7.5ppm
Ph: 8.25

From what I can see its behavior appears normal. It is plump and actively grazing. As for heavy breathing, possibly, but I don't think so. However, it looks fairly beat up and may be showing signs of the onset of HLLE.
Yeah. I dont know what to do. I use carbon on a reactor. 24/7 but i rinse my carbon and i use brs carbon.
 
Yeah. I dont know what to do. I use carbon on a reactor. 24/7 but i rinse my carbon and i use brs carbon.
I have a lot of tangs and run carbon 24/7 without ever having issues with HLLE, but there is a strong correlation between the two. Shut off the reactor, do a WC and observe for the next 72 hours. Keep us posted. Any dramatic change(s), hit us up right away. Keep an eye on the tank, because it looks like it has been the target of some aggression.

Do you have a QT system?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new