Is that normal clown behavior?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my 2 frosbite clowns today, and i noticed that they go a bit to the surface? My wave maker on and have good surface agitation.

Any idea if thats normal behavior?

Because i kinda feel they stick their heads to the surface sometimes? -not sure

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my 2 frosbite clowns today, and i noticed that they go a bit to the surface? My wave maker on and have good surface agitation.

Any idea if thats normal behavior?

Because i kinda feel they stick their heads to the surface sometimes? -not sure

Looks like clowns being clowns to me. You said you just put them in? Probably exploring!

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like clowns being clowns to me. You said you just put them in? Probably exploring!
Occasionally they go to the surface peek their head. Still normal? Yeah put them this morning

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you get a video of them at the surface? Everything in the video looks like normal clown behavior to me. You can try increasing surface agitation, but it doesn’t look too low to me.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Occasionally they go to the surface peek their head. Still normal? Yeah put them this morning
Yeah normal. My old female would stick her head out if the water when I was feeding them. But I swear she did it to gauge if she could jump and bite me. That clown was super mean, always biting me!

pal98111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think because they are tank raished, that is where the food always comes from. I think they are just trolling and ready for food whenever it appears. I also think they are raised with many many friends and they have to be ready to get to the food fast before it's gone. My two clowns do the same thing. Rather annoying. I wish they would come down to the bottom.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they look fine, clowns are weird swimmers and even weirder fish in general, wait until the start hosting random objects you'll really wonder if they are ok.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think because they are tank raished, that is where the food always comes from. I think they are just trolling and ready for food whenever it appears. I also think they are raised with many many friends and they have to be ready to get to the food fast before it's gone. My two clowns do the same thing. Rather annoying. I wish they would come down to the bottom.
Oh sureeee your clowns do it for food and not to wait for the perfect moment to jump and bite!! Lol my maroon pair are more peaceful than those two were!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back