Is the max speed on the Jebao SCP else mode able to be controlled?

DerpFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm beginning to plan out the details of my future 150g (60x24x24) mixed reef build and am trying to determine the size of flow pumps I will need.

I have decided on getting a pair of the Jebao SCP sine pumps. The plan is to have them on opposite sides of the tank, each set on else mode. I'm hoping that this results in a random and turbulent flow region that moves to different areas of the tank.

I'm looking at the Jebao SCP 90, which apparently have an expected output of 2700-3300gph. My only worry with getting two of these is that if the else mode max speed can't be set that it will cause too much flow and blow everything around.

I have two solutions if the else mode max speed can't be set; either downsize one of the pumps or to have one on else mode and the other on one of the other settings that can have the speed controlled.

I'd like to hear what the opinions are of people here that have used these pumps.

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On sow models, else can be controlled, setting max speed, but some older models have "bug" resulting for them to always run on random max, regardless of speed settings on controller.

But, this can be bypassed with new adjustable power brick, where you simply select lower woltage, also worked great with older pumps, but double check for this exact model....

OP
OP
DerpFish

DerpFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On sow models, else can be controlled, setting max speed, but some older models have "bug" resulting for them to always run on random max, regardless of speed settings on controller.

But, this can be bypassed with new adjustable power brick, where you simply select lower woltage, also worked great with older pumps, but double check for this exact model....
That's very promising considering this is one of the newer models they've released. Thank you so much for the info.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm beginning to plan out the details of my future 150g (60x24x24) mixed reef build and am trying to determine the size of flow pumps I will need.

I have decided on getting a pair of the Jebao SCP sine pumps. The plan is to have them on opposite sides of the tank, each set on else mode. I'm hoping that this results in a random and turbulent flow region that moves to different areas of the tank.

I'm looking at the Jebao SCP 90, which apparently have an expected output of 2700-3300gph. My only worry with getting two of these is that if the else mode max speed can't be set that it will cause too much flow and blow everything around.

I have two solutions if the else mode max speed can't be set; either downsize one of the pumps or to have one on else mode and the other on one of the other settings that can have the speed controlled.

I'd like to hear what the opinions are of people here that have used these pumps.
I have a 230 gal
72” long and 27x27

I have one of the older cp-150 on one end and a scp-180 on the other
I prefer w1 for the setting with about 70-80% power and adjust the wave pattern not to make huge waves that surge over the sides .

I believe the number ( 150 ) is referring to cm in length of tank it’s suitable for . But I’ll wait for someone else to confirm

OP
OP
DerpFish

DerpFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 230 gal
72” long and 27x27

I have one of the older cp-150 on one end and a scp-180 on the other
I prefer w1 for the setting with about 70-80% power and adjust the wave pattern not to make huge waves that surge over the sides .

I believe the number ( 150 ) is referring to cm in length of tank it’s suitable for . But I’ll wait for someone else to confirm
Thanks for your input. I never considered the distance that each pump is rated to push water.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 50 28.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.3%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.5%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back