Jebao Settings Used

mginster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 x MCP-120 gyres for my 120g standard. What flow settings do you all use for both?

I think my only real options are either alternating master/slave in the square wave mode OR else mode for both. If you use alternating, what do you have the duration set as? I have always used else on Jebao wave makers but both going else is chaotic even at the lowest setting.

Is there a way to do alternating sine? I see it lets me do sine, but I believe they both go up down synchronized and I want it to be the opposite.

I love these pumps, but their setting documentation is horrific.

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe try to aim them differently.. where are the pumps placed? What size tank?

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have mine on random mode at 70% intensity and 35 speed. It is positioned to shoot right over top of of my sps. It keeps the currents nice and random

OP
OP
M

mginster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe try to aim them differently.. where are the pumps placed? What size tank?
Top about 4 inches down, 120, 4ft.
I have mine on random mode at 70% intensity and 35 speed. It is positioned to shoot right over top of of my sps. It keeps the currents nice and random
Do you use 2? I have one going now and its almost enough, but I want to keep from all flow from pulling to one side.

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have maxspect xf250 on a 6x tank(going with 2 jebaos and 2 mp60s). 1 gyre is,on the right, close to the surface with one side(of pump) aiming to the surface and the other aiming toward lower left corner(helps impede the circular flow). The other gyre is vertical behind rocks, by overflow; one side aiming to front right corner, the other side blowing into rocks below overflow

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Top about 4 inches down, 120, 4ft.

Do you use 2? I have one going now and its almost enough, but I want to keep from all flow from pulling to one side.
I have mine on the right side about 4” under the surface and a koralia blowing from the back left into its flow and kinda diagonal to the front. It gives a very nice random flow effect throughout the tank.
IMG_0256.jpeg

jtichenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 MCP-120 pumps linked as master/slave. The master (for most of the day) is set to Classic: Cross-Flow (flow 56%, Freq 47). This creates an alternating gyre current about every 20 seconds.

Later in the day I run Classic: Pulse with the same flow and freq. This creates a gentle rocking motion in my entire tank (47 x 35 x 21).

The big downside to configurability on the app is the Slave only has 1 setting - Flow (power). This is a global setting for the slaved pump and cannot be configured differently for each mode. I would like to run my flow pumps at a much lower speed at night and I can't do this automatically with these pumps.

I could run the pumps at a lower speed if I remove the master/slave link but that would remove their ability to sync flow patterns :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mginster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 MCP-120 pumps linked as master/slave. The master (for most of the day) is set to Classic: Cross-Flow (flow 56%, Freq 47). This creates an alternating gyre current about every 20 seconds.

Later in the day I run Classic: Pulse with the same flow and freq. This creates a gentle rocking motion in my entire tank (47 x 35 x 21).

The big downside to configurability on the app is the Slave only has 1 setting - Flow (power). This is a global setting for the slaved pump and cannot be configured differently for each mode. I would like to run my flow pumps at a much lower speed at night and I can't do this automatically with these pumps.

I could run the pumps at a lower speed if I remove the master/slave link but that would remove their ability to sync flow patterns :(
What setting on the unit are you referring to for Classic:Cross-Flow? C? Pulse?

Last edited:

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my pair setup so the left runs whatever pattern and speed for 95 minutes while the right is in feed mode (off). Then the right comes on for 95 minutes at whatever pattern and speed while the left goes into feed mode (off). That basically turns the flow into more of a current type situation, only going one way for 90 minutes, then the other.

I have them overlap by 5 minutes (hence the 95 minute intervals) so at every direction change over there is 5 minutes of chaotic flow to keep things stirred up without making anything mad.

It's been working well in my LPS/softie tank. Lots of flow without anything getting hammered back and forth, and nothing getting directly blasted.

It looks like this in the app...

407058035_387650093646511_3637885066521068412_n.jpg

The other end would look the same, except the blocks of color (on the time wheel pictured) would be opposite. Does that make sense?

OP
OP
M

mginster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my pair setup so the left runs whatever pattern and speed for 95 minutes while the right is in feed mode (off). Then the right comes on for 95 minutes at whatever pattern and speed while the left goes into feed mode (off). That basically turns the flow into more of a current type situation, only going one way for 90 minutes, then the other.

I have them overlap by 5 minutes (hence the 95 minute intervals) so at every direction change over there is 5 minutes of chaotic flow to keep things stirred up without making anything mad.

It's been working well in my LPS/softie tank. Lots of flow without anything getting hammered back and forth, and nothing getting directly blasted.

It looks like this in the app...

407058035_387650093646511_3637885066521068412_n.jpg

The other end would look the same, except the blocks of color (on the time wheel pictured) would be opposite. Does that make sense?
Yes thank you. Guess I really should learn the app (tried it before and it’s not all that intuitive so went with manual control from the unit).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back