Is the pump for Tunze 3155 ATO loud

Liam's tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to invest in an ato and from what I’ve read the Tunze 3155 is a quality unit. I was wondering if the pump is loud. My tank is in my kitchen where I spend most of my time and don’t want something that would be distracting.
Thanks for any input!

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your ato reservoir is inside the stand you'll probably barely hear it but if it's outside you'll definitely hear it. On my 50g where the reservoir is outside I have to turn off the ato cause it starts getting super loud when the water is very low or out.

Upvote 0

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe i got lucky? Mine isnt loud at all. I dont even notice it

Upvote 0

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that is fairly loud. I used to run kalk in the ATO with that one so I think that is probably part of the reason. However, I also have a different one that is almost silent. I have no idea why its so much better/quieter, I bought it 2nd hand but suspect it was a new, improved pump or something.

Upvote 0

indyjaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine was a BRS open box, didn't ever look used. Its brand new and just loud, or well loudest of an all DC pump setup.

Upvote 0

saltcats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pretty noticeable when it runs... I wish it wasn't but I guess at least you know it's working?

My previous ATO is an aquaduetto nano which is pretty near silent as long as the reservoir isn't running empty (still running perfectly since Aug 2021, just wanted something with an audible alarm for the new tank).

Upvote 0

jlbrew3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll definitely hear it running. I could hear it in a different room and it’s inside my stand.

I know BRS has been running some great deals on the 3155 to clear out stock and it’s certainly a rock solid reliable option but the Osmolator 3 is a heck of a lot quieter. Consider going that route if you haven’t bought the 3155 yet.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Liam's tank

Liam's tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll definitely hear it running. I could hear it in a different room and it’s inside my stand.

I know BRS has been running some great deals on the 3155 to clear out stock and it’s certainly a rock solid reliable option but the Osmolator 3 is a heck of a lot quieter. Consider going that route if you haven’t bought the 3155 yet.
I actually just got the Osmolator 3 this week, my ATO sits outside my tank stand and the pump is not noticeable at all. A very faint hum at the most. So far very happy.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back