Is there a delay on getting a Red Sea Reefer tank?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DoctaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, I ordered a RSR 425XL from my LFS about a month ago and he says all his distributors are out of stock, with no time frame of when it might be in stock to ship.
How long is the wait for one these days?

OP
OP
DoctaReef

DoctaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwateraquarium.com inventories the tanks vs others who only drop ship from Red Sea. You should email them and see if they have the 425xl in stock. That's likely your fastest path if so.

I'm ok waiting because I want to support my LFS, also its already paid for, just curious if there's a known lack of inventory or high demand.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just curious, I ordered a RSR 425XL from my LFS about a month ago and he says all his distributors are out of stock, with no time frame of when it might be in stock to ship.
How long is the wait for one these days?
Your not the only one! Have 2 red sea reefers being held back from distributors.

PRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you order a Deluxe by any chance? Rumor is that they're planning some big new line re-launch (with their own lights and stuff) at one of the upcoming conventions and have stopped shipping the "old" tank sets because of it. I'm also waiting for a 425XL from my LFS.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Both are for a buddy's customer. They keep failing to ship out by the due date. They even send the invoice with 0 labeled on the tanks. We are on the east coast, both tanks were missing the "stand" according to red sea, more or less pushing the dilemma onto their distributor. Maybe they are backed up or caught in a jam, also heard those and some other rumors aswell.

reefproaquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a customer that ordered a 750xxl deluxe from marinedepot.com last Monday (drop shipped from the manufacturer) and it was delivered today.

Reefer_Rob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call Red Seas customer service, you may get some insight.

Word on the streets is the new Deluxe tanks with their own lights and control app are dropping this month. That could be holding things up, or it could be a simple isolated delay with a few specific models.

If you find out anything let us know!

OP
OP
DoctaReef

DoctaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your not the only one! Have 2 red sea reefers being held back from distributors.[/
Did you order a Deluxe by any chance? Rumor is that they're planning some big new line re-launch (with their own lights and stuff) at one of the upcoming conventions and have stopped shipping the "old" tank sets because of it. I'm also waiting for a 425XL from my LFS.

I actually ordered the straight up tank, because I'm putting Radions on mine. But this is consistent with what another LFS told me when I was looking. At the time, when he told me to hurry up and buy it that week because they are coming out with new lights for the Deluxe, I thought he was pressing for the sale. I waited and bought it elsewhere. Hopefully things will start up shipping again soon.
On the plus side, its given me time to refine my plan, so its not all bad.

OP
OP
DoctaReef

DoctaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call Red Seas customer service, you may get some insight.

Word on the streets is the new Deluxe tanks with their own lights and control app are dropping this month. That could be holding things up, or it could be a simple isolated delay with a few specific models.

If you find out anything let us know!

I heard this too from a different LFS, makes sense.

CaptiveBredFred

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS is currently showing all Red Sea tanks that include Aqua Illumination lighting as out of stock. (Including MAX S and E). I wonder if Red Sea's sales license agreement with AI in North America came up this month and was not renewed, so they cannot ship lighting until their LEDs are in. Maybe this ramp up is slowing down all shipments.

I wish they'd officially announce something.

OP
OP
DoctaReef

DoctaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS is currently showing all Red Sea tanks that include Aqua Illumination lighting as out of stock. (Including MAX S and E). I wonder if Red Sea's sales license agreement with AI in North America came up this month and was not renewed, so they cannot ship lighting until their LEDs are in. Maybe this ramp up is slowing down all shipments.

I wish they'd officially announce something.

Would be nice, for those of us anxiously standing in our fish rooms holding 2 5-gallon buckets of salt water waiting for a tank to fill!

PRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my LFS Dealer sent me an email tonight, my tank finally showed up on their latest truck. So at least some tanks are still moving from the warehouses.

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really happy that I received my Reefer 250 Deluxe 3.5 weeks ago before they stopped shipping their deluxe models! :)

I am sure that the Red Sea lights will be great but there is nothing wrong with the Ai Hydra 26.

charlie28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ordered my 425xl V3 through premium aquatics without issue, except when it was ready to be shipped to my residence there were a couple hiccups. But other than that premium aquatics checked with there distributor first before charging me. Took about a week and half including the hiccups.

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what is going on but I was at my LFS in Dallas on Sunday April 7th put money down and picked up the 250 Reefer Tuesday April 9th.. Maybe its just location issues

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back