Is there a post Dino safe phosphate control?

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent on the first of this month. I ran DE filters for two hours before samples and used 0.22 syringe filter.
I would follow they’re advice in that case. My belief is that is fairly difficult to deplete inorganic carbon In a system due to constant gas exchange. Is it possible to black out the tank for a wile or reduce light duration to weaken the algae?

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I’m in doubt is that if inorganic carbon and nitrogen was really depleted you wouldn’t have a algae issue.

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would follow they’re advice in that case. My belief is that is fairly difficult to deplete inorganic carbon In a system due to constant gas exchange. Is it possible to black out the tank for a wile or reduce light duration to weaken the algae?
I’m not really concerned about the green algae. They want me to add 1,317.54ml of alkalinity booster. I just can’t imagine what my ALK would be after that.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not really concerned about the green algae. They want me to add 1,317.54ml of alkalinity booster. I just can’t imagine what my ALK would be after that.
Most likely a bare tank, how many dkh would that be for your system size

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure how to calculate that but according to them I’m at o and if I dose that much to get to their set point 27mg/L?
I would ask Randy for advice, from a quick google it takes a lot of CO3 to raise alkalinity in a large volume of water. I wouldn’t dismiss they’re advice totally maybe try and determine the impact of the advised dose to your system before making a decision instead of just ruling it out.
Unfortunately I’m not familiar with CO3 to give you a correct advice

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back