Is there any good flake food

me & my baby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2014
Messages
1,328
Reaction score
1,034
Location
Central Georgia
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any good flake food . I have read a lot of people don’t like to use flake in there reefs
 
1780624445707.jpeg

I've had good success with this, especially if you have large fish interested in bigger pieces.
 
My fish actually prefer the flake food. They go “frenzy” more for flake that anything else.

Vitalis flake and even the cheaper omega get a good response from my fish.
 
I use Omega One marine flakes. My Chromis get it 4 times a day in between frozen and pellets. My tangs eat it too.
 
Most of them are decent....I just wouldn't rely strictly on flake but use them more as a supplement.
 
My fish go for any of the brine shrimp direct cool flake varieties. The flakes are big for the larger fish and I grind it up for the smaller fish. I also mix the flakes into my homemade food which is just Walmart seafood melody chopped up in a food processor with the flakes as a binder. All my fish love it.
 
My go to for a quick feeding was prime reef flake. My tanks got fed consistently with LRS and multiple items from reef nutrition.
 
Use to buy cobalt marine ca mysis and Omni flakes. But they been out of the bulk 2lb plus sizes for like a year now and always make excuses these days on when they will get more. Now I just used the Tetra jumbo flakes on Amazon for 40 bucks. Can’t beat it.

Amazon product ASIN B0CJKYJ3ZW
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new