Is there any saving my new frag?

  • Thread starter Thread starter magsfins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

magsfins

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2026
Messages
28
Reaction score
27
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a shipment of 4 frags in on thursday (9/3/26) I drip acclimated them all and kept the lights off for a bit to help them calm down. They were all doing fine the first few days, Starting yesterday my vargas isn’t doing so hot. I minimized my light intensity to 30% today and tried feeding to see if that would help. Is there anything else I can do? I’m relatively new to coral keeping.

20260906_135051_F5135A52-763E-468E-B868-F04D4C6365B4.png
 
Sorry! I had it off because I have a mean green hair algae outbreak staring.
20260906_141608_2190E991-0898-4085-9D64-F1BA61B93190.png
 
I normally do, I have it briefly turned off because I have a hair algae outbreak. Do you mean for a photo or regularly for the corals health. If for the corals health what % do you recommend me having it at?
So we can see what the coral looks like. Light doesn’t need to stay white.
 
In general, feeding isn’t a remedy for closed or wilting corals.

When coral opens up with polyps extended, (often at night) - then it is helpful to provide a little extra plankton into the water so the hungry coral collects a tiny bit of food.
 
It looks like cespitulinaria, give it light and good amount of flow and it should rebound, its a hardy coral. Corals don't need light acclimation, it sounds like you're killing it with low lighting
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new