Is there anyone else who reads a store ad on here once in a while maybe even just out of boredom and feels like they think you're a five year old?

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not complaining about advertisements persay, only how ridiculous they are in their marketing tactics and the mind numbing language half of them use as if they're trying to get a 5 year old excited to go to school. Some had to have been originally written and designed for daycare children for the late afternoon when the adult falls asleep and they state blankly at the screen. I really am a fan of the "eye-candy" oversaturated and extreme contrast played with until it appears surreal (which it is because it doesn't look like that in existence). I think most, (no, not all) realize they do that which in my opinion might as well be false advertising honestly. I just have to ask myself why they would be designed that way unless they worked well to sell. Wow, didn't know I was gonna have rant when started writing this but that's pretty much what it turned into...

Shon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t wanna grow up, I’m a Toys R’ Us kid. They’ve got a million toys at Toys R’ Us that I can play with. I don’t wanna grow up. I’m a Toys R’ Us kid. They’ve got the best for so much less. You’ll really flip your lid.

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t wanna grow up, I’m a Toys R’ Us kid. They’ve got a million toys at Toys R’ Us that I can play with. I don’t wanna grow up. I’m a Toys R’ Us kid. They’ve got the l
best for so much less. You’ll really flip your lid.
I wouldn't generally rant about it cause I don't have to deal with it here except for online but it so demeaning imo...the fact that others don't catch on to the alliteration in and cute rhyming words , not to mention how gentle they are not to offend, makes me almost start to laugh but then I realize that they don't understand that they're being treated like a child. For example having no idea that the most photoshopped picture of a coral on the world may be photoshopped makes me sad when people look at it in awe.

Shon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 commercials for 3 different computers, 1984.

Sometimes advertisement seems over the top.

Sometimes it's straight to the point.

Sometimes there's a middle ground.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For example having no idea that the most photoshopped picture of a coral on the world may be photoshopped makes me sad when people look at it in awe.
^THIS ^ It drives me nuts when so many preople oo and ah over a obviously edited coral photo. It's like they are living in a fantasy world and think purple eggcrate is a real thing, and I'm not talking about coralline covered eggcrate.
I'm to the point that there is only one coral vendor on here that I will purchase from because of the heavily edited photos that are used online. If I open a page and see an obviously edited image I just leave the site.
Once upon a time a photographer captured an image, now they can just manufacture one.
Rant over :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they all assume everyone only looks at their tanks with orange filter glasses on!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 140 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back