Is there something wrong with my cleaner shrimp?

LukeSivyer45

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2021
Messages
301
Reaction score
72
Location
Kent
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7738.jpeg
IMG_7743.jpeg

Apologies for the not so great photos, it’s hard to catch this guy as he is quite active and my photography skills aren’t great. I am wondering if my cleaner shrimp has some sort of bacteria/ fungal issue or something due its very dark organs. I know you are meant to see the organs however they look extremely dark compared to other photos I have seen online and also looks darker than the photos I took. Maybe it’s just nothing as it is very active and eats a lot. I also fed reef prime flakes which I guess may make its belly darker as it is a red coloured food.
 
If he’s acting and eating fine, I wouldn’t overly worry about it. I have banded coral shrimp that has a blue spot unlike any I’ve ever seen. 🤷🏻‍♂️
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new