Is this a cyphastrea?

LongWayHome

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2025
Messages
94
Reaction score
78
Location
Nevada
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000001431.jpg
 
I think the polyps are way too spread apart for it to be a cyphastrea.

Honestly looks like a cabbage coral but I swear there was a similar SPS as well.
 
I think the polyps are way too spread apart for it to be a cyphastrea.

Honestly looks like a cabbage coral but I swear there was a similar SPS as well.
Yeah I'm at a loss on IDing this. The LFS said it was a cyphastrea but I'm not certain.

Wouldn't have guessed a cabbage coral, but it would be welcomed if it is the case haha.

Thanks for your input.
 
I think the polyps are way too spread apart for it to be a cyphastrea.

Honestly looks like a cabbage coral but I swear there was a similar SPS as well.
Yeah I'm at a loss on IDing this. The LFS said it was a cyphastrea but I'm not certain.

Wouldn't have guessed a cabbage coral, but it would be welcomed if it is the case haha.

Thanks for your input.
Is it soft (it wouldn’t be entirely soft, it would have a little give) Or are you sure it has a hard skeleton?
 
Not a cyphastrea it’s a scroll
 
Oh this is way cooler.

Thank you all so much for your assistance.
 
Turbinaria reniformis.

Cyphastrea has spinules/papillae on its coenosteum and visible costae
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new