Is this a Favia

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lauje
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lauje

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2024
Messages
102
Reaction score
36
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me identify this? Thanks

IMG_0873.jpeg IMG_0871.jpeg
 
Sure looks like favia that I have:
1740451305876.jpeg

1740451628246.jpeg


When I purchased it was called Favia.
 
Thanks
 
Can you elaborate? I thought they were the same thing.
 
Can you elaborate? I thought they were the same thing.
After the 2012 reclassification, the genus Favia is limited to Atlantic species, none of which are in the hobby. All Indo-Pacific species were reclassified to Dipsastraea. (Virtually) all stony corals in the hobby are from the West-Pacific, so they wouldn't be Favia.
 
After the 2012 reclassification, the genus Favia is limited to Atlantic species, none of which are in the hobby. All Indo-Pacific species were reclassified to Dipsastraea. (Virtually) all stony corals in the hobby are from the West-Pacific, so they wouldn't be Favia.
Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new