Is this a flatworm eating my hammer?

Shaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have branching hammer and one of the branch is likely dead but i can see few polyps deep inside it and i noticed something on the other hammer. Please confirm if it's a flat worms and how can i take care of it and the other dead head. TIA

20240202_125623.jpg 20240202_125457.jpg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have branching hammer and one of the branch is likely dead but i can see few polyps deep inside it and i noticed something on the other hammer. Please confirm if it's a flat worms and how can i take care of it and the other dead head. TIA

20240202_125623.jpg 20240202_125457.jpg
I looks like a fw on the outside of the dead head. A dip would be the best course. Coral fx or melifix is my choice

OP
OP
Shaa

Shaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looks like a fw on the outside of the dead head. A dip would be the best course. Coral fx or melifix is my choice
Thankyou, I'll surely dip it. I have coral defense from SR aquarist, I hope it's good. Should I also dip my torch too just in case?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankyou, I'll surely dip it. I have coral defense from SR aquarist, I hope it's good. Should I also dip my torch too just in case?
It wouldn’t hurt! Inspect for clusters of eggs also while you have them out of the tank and make sure to scrape them all off or use a tooth brush and scrub them very well!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dip both. The hammer will give a lot of info. If you find a fw than I would dip all your euphyllia if you have more than those 2.

OP
OP
Shaa

Shaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank-you, I could never find it if i didn't post here.. really appreciate the Timely response from everyone here, I'll dip and clean the hammer and torches.
I do see one here.. so yes that’s most likely your problem.
IMG_2603.jpeg

OP
OP
Shaa

Shaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello again, While dipping my torch I found a nudi and I quickly pulled it out, I had added baby berghia nudi's few months earlier when I noticed Aiptasia.. just wanted to confirm if this is same and I can add it back, also I dont see any Aiptasia in my tank.. will it survive?

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Berghia won't survive without aiptasia.

Just keep in mind, you can still have aiptasia in your tank and your berghias may die if they can't locate them.

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did 2 rounds of berghia before getting a filefish and some peppermint shrimp.

Depending on your corals (and tastebuds of the shrimp) the shrimp might not work in your system.

I still have little aiptasia that pop up here and there, but outbreaks are controlled and I'm not worrying about starving berghias or catching them in my filter socks (which happened about every other time I changed them)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back