Is this a good deal?

reeferforever

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2024
Messages
180
Reaction score
133
Location
Mcallen
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my LFS is selling torches for 60 UsD. Is it a good deall?
IMG_1667.jpeg
 
Not bad. Sort of depends on the color, but if you like it I would not feel bad about spending $60 on a torch, in fact I think that is what I payed for my last one haha
Yea, Big downside is i saw about 100 patches of aptasia eating the zoas. There wasnt any near the torch section but do you think its fine if i dip it?
 
Upvote 0
Not bad. Sort of depends on the color, but if you like it I would not feel bad about spending $60 on a torch, in fact I think that is what I payed for my last one haha
I really like it and probably gonna pick it up soon.
 
Upvote 0
Yea, Big downside is i saw about 100 patches of aptasia eating the zoas. There wasnt any near the torch section but do you think its fine if i dip it?
Really up to you if it is worth the risk, though I would not rely on a single dip to get rid of/prevent aptasia. I would inspect the base and plug before buying, dip, put on a new plug, and maybe scrub the base (being carful of the flesh) before putting it in your tank. . .

Now I am not saying I do this for every frag I get. . . but if you are seeing aptasia in the sellers tank it might be worth the extra effort
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new