Is this a Jawbreaker??

Mstansbery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody!

Another member here is selling a Jawbreaker for a decent price. However with the picture provided I am not at all convinced its actually a JB or even a Tie Dye...Anyone want to chime in?? IME (I have a small collection of JB's) They are much more granulated in terms of texture, and at the size it is being marketed at (nickel size when inflated) it should definitely be exhibiting some red. Unfortunately he cannot confirm lineage...

2012-11-21_09-18-47-1.jpg

Last edited:

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks just like the "jawbreaker" mushroom that Mr.Coral posted, which he was selling as a jawbreaker as well. I think we all know that Mr. Coral doesn't sell jawbreakers.

always reefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks just like the "jawbreaker" mushroom that Mr.Coral posted, which he was selling as a jawbreaker as well. I think we all know that Mr. Coral doesn't sell jawbreakers.

Yeah, just like the flamethrower chalices right...lol

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that one is a completely different species than the Jawbreaker.

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody!

Another member here is selling a Jawbreaker for a decent price. However with the picture provided I am not at all convinced its actually a JB or even a Tie Dye...Anyone want to chime in?? IME (I have a small collection of JB's) They are much more granulated in terms of texture, and at the size it is being marketed at (nickel size when inflated) it should definitely be exhibiting some red. Unfortunately he cannot confirm lineage...

Does not look like one to me either although the edges show some red but I do not see the typical red pattern or even purple in some rarer cases.

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mr ... what ... :) I have read so many sad comments about him that I wonder why he is still around .. on another forum I am on plenty of complaints from what I remember

OP
OP
M

Mstansbery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! Yeh I was pretty sure the second I saw the pic. MrCoral does get some bashing (from myself included) but his offerings have definitely improved over the last year. I plan on doing an order with Sonny next week in fact. Gotta have one of those Freddy Krueger palys!!

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! Yeh I was pretty sure the second I saw the pic. MrCoral does get some bashing (from myself included) but his offerings have definitely improved over the last year. I plan on doing an order with Sonny next week in fact. Gotta have one of those Freddy Krueger palys!!

Well good luck with it and i hope it all goes well so you can give some point of sale feedback :)

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck... IMO money best spent elsewhere. I wouldn't do it.

OP
OP
M

Mstansbery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys but yeh Sonny and I have had it out a couple times..he has assured me he will make things right (not something I havent heard before though!) Sooo Im going to make sure I get my due compensation one way or the other!!! :xd:

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys but yeh Sonny and I have had it out a couple times..he has assured me he will make things right (not something I havent heard before though!) Sooo Im going to make sure I get my due compensation one way or the other!!! :xd:
Well all I can say is good luck !

icemountain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was me selling them. I clearly got ripped off since they were sold to me as jawbreakers. I am taking them down now until I figure out what they are. Wasn't trying to rip anyone and thanks for making this thread.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back