Is this a jelly fish?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bremort93
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bremort93

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2015
Messages
66
Reaction score
4
Rating - 0%
0   0   0


I'm not sure if it is even though it looks exactly like one..
 
I was cleaning my tank and stirred it up in guess. It's smaller than an amphipod. How do I keep this thing alive?
 
Lol yeah I couldn't believe it. I was excited!
I put it in a breeder net... so we'll see
 
I believe it is some type of hydroid. I have thousands of them in one of my tanks. They start out looking like a tiny anemone then will begin to morph and then detach from the base. They never last too long in my system in this planktonic phase before the sump eats them. I do get some from time to time that will be larger than a pencil eraser.
 
I believe it is some type of hydroid. I have thousands of them in one of my tanks. They start out looking like a tiny anemone then will begin to morph and then detach from the base. They never last too long in my system in this planktonic phase before the sump eats them. I do get some from time to time that will be larger than a pencil eraser.
Oooh.. yea it does look like a coral top especially when it's not pulsing. So a hydroid? What would that be lol
 
It's a medusa hydroid.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new