Is this a Lyretail Damsel?

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this for sale at an online retailer in Suzhou. Thinking of getting 3-5 of these to school once I set up my tank. Does anyone know anything about these fish? Are they more like Chromis or more like Damsels of other genuses such as Chrysiptera?

Are they peaceful and hardy and how long do they live?

A53DB462-DC22-481D-AF9E-8BA12D0A4C8D.png

Haydn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These look like Neopomacentrus azysron. In the UK they are known as Yellowtail Damsels, I have not heard of them as Lyertailed.

I found them hardy and peaceful, they will swim in open water and interact in a small group (I had 10 of them) but if you have a 'busy' tank with larger fish like tangs flashing about they will not lose their shyness and stay close to cover.

OP
OP
Zionas

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I may pick up a small group of these. Do they pick each other off like Chromis?

Are they omnivores like other damsels?

I am thinking it would be cool to have a tank where I can see the contrast between big fish and small fish. A small school of these would make my Marine Betta (once I get it) stand out in stark contrastz

Haydn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I may pick up a small group of these. Do they pick each other off like Chromis?

Are they omnivores like other damsels?

I am thinking it would be cool to have a tank where I can see the contrast between big fish and small fish. A small school of these would make my Marine Betta (once I get it) stand out in stark contrastz
Like I say I had 10 beside the obvious bit of 'handbags' they were totally peaceful with each other and other fish. They were not fussy eaters at all. As I said if you have too many big fish you may find they stick close to the rock work and dive for cover at any disturbance.

Back