Is this a mussel?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wingster
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wingster

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2025
Messages
35
Reaction score
39
Location
38843
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hihi,
so am now on week 8 with my first tank. Things have been going good. Diatoms only lasted for 4 days, water is good for what in in the tank. I grow a lot of macro algae, I have 3 Duncans, Xenias, GSP and two small Gorgonians. Fish are Blenny & the Jets 😁 (Tailspot & PJ Cardinals) and Carpenter Flasher Wrasse. I added several live rock to the tank that is now starting to grow things. Hitchhikers weren't too bad (red little crab). I have this mussel clam...and other things growing on this one rock. The mussel/clam(?) came stuck to the rock and just recently opened up. Do I need to do anything with it? Is it ok to leave? Also is the clear growth at the bottom Aiptasia? Can it stay?
Thanks for any info!!

1.jpg 2.jpg
 
The bivalves are fine; just a free added bonus. Can’t see the other thing
 
hihi,
so am now on week 8 with my first tank. Things have been going good. Diatoms only lasted for 4 days, water is good for what in in the tank. I grow a lot of macro algae, I have 3 Duncans, Xenias, GSP and two small Gorgonians. Fish are Blenny & the Jets 😁 (Tailspot & PJ Cardinals) and Carpenter Flasher Wrasse. I added several live rock to the tank that is now starting to grow things. Hitchhikers weren't too bad (red little crab). I have this mussel clam...and other things growing on this one rock. The mussel/clam(?) came stuck to the rock and just recently opened up. Do I need to do anything with it? Is it ok to leave? Also is the clear growth at the bottom Aiptasia? Can it stay?
Thanks for any info!!

1.jpg 2.jpg
Very nice tank and enjoy the bi-valves that came with the rock!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new