Is this a sunburst

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mark3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mark3

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2015
Messages
436
Reaction score
309
Location
SPRING HILL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help me ID this ... I'm thinking it might be a Colorado Sunburst... what do you think?

20210721_141307.jpg
 
Looks like my rainbow
 
Another shot
 

Attachments

  • 20210721_143129.jpg
    20210721_143129.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 76
Sorry its a rainbow. Sunburst have bright yellow tips. Really not much different than a rainbow. Besides a few key characteristics.
 
Ok...it just came out of nowhere...started as tiny nub on a rock
 
It's OK this shot is better... what you see is what you get... Color balance as close as I can get to what I see with my eye.
 

Attachments

  • 20210721_144302.jpg
    20210721_144302.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 49
I have dozen of them and see them as invasive. I had a sunburst from Down Under in Asheville. I honestly got fed of dealing with catering to weird collectors. The yellow tips come and go and somehow I am responsible for this. I sell them for 50 take it or leave it now.
 
No... had a couple anemones 5 or 6 years ago...this is a surprise

PS good surprise
Definitely not a Sunburst. Definitely a Rainbow.
 
Cool thanks... I like rainbows and unicorns
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new