Is this a Vermidit Snail, how to proceed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tony R.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tony R.

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2019
Messages
93
Reaction score
116
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched this guy grow for quite a while since I was unsure what manner of critter it was. Now its sizable enough that I think got an ID.
20190628_174728(0).jpeg
20190628_174708.jpeg
20190628_174647.jpeg
 
yes, it’s vermetid snail. use stony coral cutter (frag cutter) and hard brush off.
 
Ill cut em off if they are on my snail shells.. but there in the tank so nothing i can do.. i just lesve em alone
 
Update! Crushed it with a needle nose pliers out of the tank. Then put a dab of frag glue on the crevice. Didn't want too be too invasive and hurt the other snail.
 
Sounds like you got some good advice already. Just to add a bit more onto what everyone else has said. I put 2 bumblebee snails into my tank and I have seen the vermetid snail numbers decline greatly. Coincidence? Maybe, but I believe I have seen the bumblebee snails targeting the vermetid snails. If you plan to keep corals I'd recommend being proactive when it comes to vermetid snails. They by release a slime into the water to catch food. That slime is very irritating to corals. Good luck!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new