Is this acropora vermiculata?

Jimmy James

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2020
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Location
West Sussex
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi this is very similar to my tenius but the polyps aren’t as long and the coralites seem more pinched as opposed to the ones on the tenius leading me think this is a vermiculata. Can someone confirm please?
Cheers
Jim
ACCB0865-C0FF-4CD7-9B06-74D9F99E5D8B.jpeg
 
The branchlets are more evenly placed like one would see in a tenuis. I believe vermiculata are more irregular, individual branches that are uniform in length. My guess is that its a tenuis. But I could be wrong.
 
There’s a good chance that’s Vermiculata. Blue ones can be the hardest to acclimate ime, but are also one of the nicest acros. Good luck with that one
 
There’s a good chance that’s Vermiculata. Blue ones can be the hardest to acclimate ime, but are also one of the nicest acros. Good luck with that one
Thanks, the tissue does excrete some mucus when the tanks being feed. Not sure if that’s part of the coral acclimating?
 
I'm no pro at it but it sure looks like one. It will be easier to tell as it grows of course.
The tip coralite color change makes me wonder a bit, the ones I've had in the past did not have that but also weren't under LED. Unsure what your lighting is.
Nice either way!
 
I'm no pro at it but it sure looks like one. It will be easier to tell as it grows of course.
The tip coralite color change makes me wonder a bit, the ones I've had in the past did not have that but also weren't under LED. Unsure what your lighting is.
Nice either way!
Hi

Yes its under an ecotech xr30 gen5 blue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new