Is this AEFW?

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2010
Messages
475
Reaction score
247
Location
OC
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on these photos do these discolored areas on the underside of my Acros look like there might be AEFW?

Thank you in advanced for any help.

IMG_2308.jpeg


IMG_2310.jpeg
 
Based on these photos do these discolored areas on the underside of my Acros look like there might be AEFW?

Thank you in advanced for any help.

IMG_2308.jpeg


IMG_2310.jpeg
While possible can also be from:
Lack of light and/or flow
Calcium low
Alk elevated
Low PH
Low nutrients (Phosphate and nitrate)
High temperature

Examine coral with magnifying glass. You will see them although tiny
 
Good to know, I’ll do that. thank you!!
 
Being that is their favorite flavor it’s possible but I don’t really see bite marks or dead spots with eggs… hit it with a turkey baster and see if any fly off..
 
Last edited:
Being that is their favorite flavor it’s possible but I don’t really see bite marks or dead spots with eggs… hit it with a turkey baster and see if any fly off..

Good to know, thank you! I'll test it out.
 
I had them about 3 months ago. The flesh difference is very stark. It goes right to skeleton. So I would say no. You just have the typical lighter spots due to flow, lack of light, nutrients etc. I don’t see signs of AEFW in those pictures.

But obviously it is possible that these pics just aren’t good enough.
 
I had them about 3 months ago. The flesh difference is very stark. It goes right to skeleton. So I would say no. You just have the typical lighter spots due to flow, lack of light, nutrients etc. I don’t see signs of AEFW in those pictures.

But obviously it is possible that these pics just aren’t good enough.
Good to know. Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new