Is this aiptasia or something else please

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2021
Messages
2,738
Reaction score
1,657
Location
Nottingham
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so found these in my aquriam today, I've seen loads of photos of aiptasia but there strands look thick, in my aquriam these look skinny/thin, can anyone id please, I've attached photos at 10xzoom, the more I look the more there is and I'm worried, aquarium is nearly 4 years new
thanks

IMG20230806173825.jpg IMG20230806173821.jpg IMG20230806173820.jpg IMG20230806173818.jpg IMG20230806173817.jpg IMG20230806173811.jpg IMG20230806173759.jpg IMG20230806173758.jpg IMG20230806173146.jpg IMG20230806173756.jpg IMG20230806173141.jpg IMG20230806173143.jpg IMG20230806173131.jpg IMG20230806173133.jpg IMG20230806173122.jpg IMG20230806173123.jpg IMG20230806173110.jpg IMG20230806173046.jpg
 
Yes, me neither, since other IDs I'm unsure where they have gone.
Im always knocking on reef2reef community doors
 
I have a tuxedo urchin that's constantly grabbing stuff.. it might of contributed to spreading, it's a weird one
 
Hi, so found these in my aquriam today, I've seen loads of photos of aiptasia but there strands look thick, in my aquriam these look skinny/thin, can anyone id please, I've attached photos at 10xzoom, the more I look the more there is and I'm worried, aquarium is nearly 4 years new
thanks

IMG20230806173825.jpg IMG20230806173821.jpg IMG20230806173820.jpg IMG20230806173818.jpg IMG20230806173817.jpg IMG20230806173811.jpg IMG20230806173759.jpg IMG20230806173758.jpg IMG20230806173146.jpg IMG20230806173756.jpg IMG20230806173141.jpg IMG20230806173143.jpg IMG20230806173131.jpg IMG20230806173133.jpg IMG20230806173122.jpg IMG20230806173123.jpg IMG20230806173110.jpg IMG20230806173046.jpg
Looks like aiptasia to me. Babies at the moment.
 
It's really hard to tell, maybe you can post more pictures...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new