Is this aiptasia?

Danthefishman

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2024
Messages
96
Reaction score
30
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. I found a few of these little white anemone things on my live rock that I've have for about 3 months. They retract. Is this aiptasia? it's at the bottom of the rock, and the last picture is a top view. Thank you for the help.
20260428_181326.jpg
20260428_181330.jpg
20260428_181244.jpg
 
Looks to be the dreaded A.
 
dang, I'm probably just gonna throw the rocks away.
A 24 hr soak in ro water will kill the aptasia. Unfortunately it will kill off all other bacterial life as well and the rock will need to be cycled again you could also pull it out and in a separate container treat the couple critters with f aptasia and preserve the bacterial life
 
If all it took to kill bacteria was fresh water, we would not have had to develop antibiotics

Another option is to put the rock in a freezer for a couple days
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new